Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting solution includes hoarding and/or sharing specific web content on a web server hosted by a web hosting vendor. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for various ends, so let's have a gaze at these. Doing so, you can elect what you want, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a website, e-mails, or to share files with buddies and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service offered by particular vendors, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to view an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are often supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain amount of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you buy a paid file hosting plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely improper interpretation of the real denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would allot the load between independent stacks of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending miscellaneous web space hosting services (mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is just a variety of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting type is suitable if you desire to share a vast amount of pics with comrades or associates since the solution is commonly free. You will get a random link for every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a service dedicated to handling your e-mail aliases. Some providers provide web space hosting solutions for web pages, but do not supply an email service. If you desire to manage a mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a website, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can create mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of availing of this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video generates a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred viewers, you may have difficulty with your web space hosting supplies. Embedding the video file will allow you to manage as many video files as you would like without hassling about system quotas.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to keep a site. To some degree, it comprises all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pictures and files, you can set up databases and mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At PJWebz, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be limits based on the sort of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your hosting package may be better or worse compared to the typical email/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for specific web content solely.